International Schools Fair – Bermuda
September 19 and 20, 2018
Dear Past and Future Participants,
What a milestone! This will be the 25th year that Schools to Know has hosting school fairs in Bermuda. Thank you all for making this possible and know that every effort will be made to assure this year’s success.
The event will return to the Harborview Ball Room at the Fairmont Hamilton Princess in Hamilton.
The reduced size of the group has worked well. There will be spaces for our group of 45 American and Canadian schools. Participating schools from last year’s group will be given priority with registration on a first come first serve basis. The UK will have 15 to 20 schools coming.
1) The Parent Handout will be part of our pre-event advertising plans. With my arrival in Bermuda on September 1st, I will be able to distribute the books to interested parents. It will be advertised via the internet using our large mailing list gleaned from the previous years’ fairs plus extensive use of the Bermuda social media including our own Facebook Page. One hundred posters will be put in public places, middle-schools, businesses and other institutions. Fair Stickers will grace the bumpers of on-island supporters as well.
Any publicity that you choose to do independently is very appreciated.
2) On-line and in print advertising via the Royal Gazette is planned and they will send a photographer to our opening night followed by a featured story the next morning.
Radio advertising has proved worthwhile and more is planned for this year.
3) Categories for schools will include: Traditional Schools, Traditional Schools with Learning Support Departments and Schools for Specific Learning Needs.
International Schools Fair in Bermuda
Wednesday and Thursday, September 19 & 20, 2018
The exhibit area will be open for set-up at 3:00 PM followed by the fair from 4 to 8 PM.
- 1. The basic format for the fairs will remain the same. Each school will have their own table and two chairs. The enhanced table displays looked great last year.
- Niall Brown, my UK affiliate, has agreed to publish the parent guide as he has in the past. The school information form for this is available with the registration form or can be sent to you upon receipt of your registration. If you were in last year’s guide and have no updates, you still must notify Niall to be included.
American Groupings will include:
Traditional Boarding Schools
Traditional Boarding Schools with Learning Support Departments
Boarding Schools for Specific Learning Needs
Canadian Boarding Schools
British Boarding Schools
The fee of $2,500 per school covers advertising, administrative and marketing cost, exhibit space, printed materials, name tags, table signs, support staff and additional signage for the two evenings plus inclusion of your listing in the parent guide.
Register on-line at www.schoolstoknow.com – Bermuda Fair heading.
Don’t forget to fill out the School Information Form for the Parent Handout. The Absolute Deadline for the guide is June 15 to meet printing and shipping deadlines so it is ready for distribution by September 1.
Hamilton Princess Hotel Group rate is $349 night plus tax and resort levy. Reservation requirements and a list of alternative accommodations will be emailed to you upon receipt of your registration.
I’m looking forward to seeing you!
Do not hesitate to contact me at 603-496-5907 (cell) if you have any questions. Email: email@example.com.